Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I haven't blogged in almost a month. WOW!!! time flies. I have been on the www.nosurrenderbreastcancer site a lot. I love it there. I had an MRI and my biggest tumor now measures 6mm as opposed to 1 cm from before. The smaller one is smaller too. I started Abraxane Dec. 22 and will finish on March 4th. I'll double check that tomorrow when I go for my next treatment. The abraxane is going very well. No big side effects, no premeds, no steroids. I get tired, fatigued a little still. But, with little kids, I would probably feel like that anyway. I haven't gone to the gym since Oct., nor to a Weight Watcher's meeting. I have gained between 5 and 10 lbs. I'm going up and down. I will go back, but I need to get up the courage. I've kind of became a hermit since the hair loss.
I will be meeting with my Breast Surgeon in the next week or two to discuss that. I will take a few weeks off after chemo to get my body stronger. So, I'm thinking early April. I am dreading that, but at the same time, I can't wait for it to be over. I hope I can find a Plastic Surgeon soon. My hospital doesn't have one right now. I think my BS can recommend one. I'll find out soon. I wanted to start recon. at the same time. Maybe they will find one by then.
Well, I'll check in later.
It's suppose to be in the 40's Thurs. and through the weekend. Raining Thurs. and Fri. I'm tired of the cold/snow. This has been an awful cold, lonely, depressing and looonng winter.
I can't wait to smell grass. Mow grass. Plant flowers, brush my hair, tie it back and go to the gym. Cancer free!!!!!!!! The day will come.
I will get this extra weight off, and then some. I will have new, higher boobs, and a tummy tuck to go with it. I will beat cancer and be an even stronger person.
My kids will respect me for all of this and not put me through any more stress. EVER!!!
Brandon will find success in his life, whatever that may be. He will be a happy, loving, respectful person (to others AND himself).
I pray this year treats us all better than ever.
ALL OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Oma aka Meme said...

spring is coming
this had been a long winter
for us bloggies
praying for you
and for all the things of your heart=
hugs from Meme